Thursday, June 21, 2012

Sleepwalking?


Rory Freedman shares, "If you look around, you may notice that many among us in the human race are sleepwalking through life.  You may be tempted to ask, 'How did this happen? How long has it been going on for? How did I get here?'  Who cares! Life is short! Don't waste another second in no man's land!"




Friends, I'm currently sleepwalking through a great many of my days: and I'm determined to wake up. The past month I've made some huge changes in my life, swapping full time work for consulting and teaching, and it's taken a few different twists and turns that I can't say I've expected. BUT I get a giggle when I realise how much things flow when you step out of the way - the Universe, sheesh! 





For example, a biz opportunity I was relying on (gotta pay rent!) fell through and the very next day I was offered another gig, that paid more, that suited better, that was more than I could dream of :)










I'm currently studying Holistic Nutrition, and am also about to begin a Bachelor of Health Science (Naturopathy). Over 12 years since I last studied full time, I'm back. And scared. But it's time.  No more sleepwalking!  One of the best things I've always known but recently am getting shown more & more, is that to be a good health coach, nutritionist, partner, mother, teacher, sibling, bus driver - whatever... - is that more than the words we speak, people respond to how we live.





In the same gorgeous book, Kris Carr says, "Health is more than the absence of disease. It's the presence of vitality." And despite the years of naturopath visits I've indulged in, my diet is - let's be honest, pretty crap right now. 





After almost 2 years to the month that I dived into the struggle with adrenal fatigue, I wouldn't say it's a daily battle anymore. When I undertook the Crazy Sexy Diet at the beginning of this year, I nipped it in the bud, I found some energy. But a month after the cleanse, the old habits kicked back in - the sugar addiction was still there. And let me tell you, when my diet is poo poo, the depression is triple poo poo. 





So I'm going to recommit to living healthy again - in body, mind & spirit.





I just wrapped up the 21 Days of Nourishing ecourse which was PHENOMENAL. What a community! But I was so busy running it, that I didn't get to actually enjoy it! So I'm taking myself on 21 gorgeous, nourishing days right now. I'll be updating as I go :) 





Mind, Body & Spirit = looking forward to an overhaul! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment