Saturday, September 1, 2012

Cleanse :: Day 5, Happy Spring!




One of the girls had a coke in the office yesterday, and whether it was because I had a sandwich for lunch (when I'm on a pretty-much grain free cleanse) or a cupcake after lunch (um, sugar sugar sugar) - I couldn't stop dreaming about coke.  *drool*





BUT I didn't have it - I didn't succumb! And today, I'm so glad I didn't. Today was not what I'd call awesome. #PoopJuice was on the menu last night again, and whilst it was no repeat of earlier in the week, I felt a little queasy and (very technical term here) yuck.





Pretty low on energy. Pretty blah.





But I had a beautiful day other than energy-wise, that started off with my loved green smoothie (coconut water with chia seeds, vital greens, coconut oil, an orange and handful of spinach) and then I met a friend for a coffee date. She had coffee, I had a peppermint tea. I was going to allow myself plain scrambled eggs for breakky (no milk, no bread, just the way I like 'em, and detox allowed!) and then when my coffee date pal mentioned she'd already eaten, I decided to save my treat out for another time.  I was impressed with myself ;)







The sun was shining at Breakkie, I even got a rainbow on my face! 


I followed it up with a kinesiology session (which I'm hooked on!) and was feeling really great and excited, but then my body spoke up. If you have ever tried kinesiology, you know there is no hiding. Your body speaks. And my body was saying, loud and clear, that my adrenals and thyroid were shouting out in tiredness.





In my transition back into a new job and new timetable, I have been extra careful about not tiring myself out, setting limits, and taking care of myself. I guess excitement still plays a role though, and being so switched on was showing up in my body. Still, it makes me so so glad that I've committed to Angie and the cleanse, because clearly it's just what I need.





I poached my first egg!


On returning home I had a delish bowl of chicken broth, quinoa, steamed greens and a poached egg (my first homemade poached egg) which was technically my breakky dish. God it was good! I had quite a lot of work to do so settled in at the computer, still tired and lethargic, but keeping on. I did have a nap in the afternoon and by the time I woke up it was too close to dinner to have a late lunch. So I snacked on an egg and some seed snaps (oh. my. god. These seed snaps are SO yum!) and pottered. Dinner was meant to be another broth but I was a bit brothed out to be honest, so had a huge salad instead - AMAZING fresh, organic veggies (snowpeas, cabbage, carrots, mushrooms) with garlic, ginger and oil. YUMMO. Heaps of seeds on top and I was a happy camper.






Before I knew it, bed time was calling out and I really listened. Detoxing is one thing, food is another, balancing work/life/play is yet another. So I needed an early night and I had it. 





:)










No comments:

Post a Comment